What You Must Know About Codeine Phosphate Uses
Codeine Phosphate Uses That You Should Know
Codeine phosphate is an opioid pain relief medicine that provides short-term relief from different types of moderate and mild pains. The codeine phosphate uses include:
- Pain after an injury or an operation
- To treat diarrhea
- It is an opioid painkiller licensed for use in children and adults
- Relieves cancer pain in many cases
- Works when other painkillers, such as paracetamol, aspirin, and ibuprofen fail to work
- Suppresses dry cough
Codeine Phosphate Uses: How It Works
Codeine phosphate is an opioid medicine it works on opioid pain receptors in the brain directly in the central nervous system and brain. It works to reduce the feeling of pain by changing the way nerves signal pain between the body and the brain. It also works for cough by suppressing the activity in the brain which is responsible for controlling coughing.
Are There Any Side Effects Of Codeine?
All medicines come with side effects associated with their use. Opioid pain relievers, including Codeine, have a side effect of life-threatening breathing problems. This side effect is more probable for:
- People taking Codeine for the first time
- When increasing the dose of Codeine
- Older people
- Who has an existing lung problem
Codeine comes with side effects similar to other opioids, including:
- Mood changes
- Stomach cramps and nausea
- Unusual dreams and inability to sleep
- Feeling faint
Risks Associated With Codeine
- Codeine and other opioid pain relievers come with a risk of life-threatening breathing problems
- You can become dependent on Codeine, even if you follow all dose instructions given by the doctor. The doctor should monitor your use of Codeine and reduce the risks of misuse, harm, addiction, and abuse.
- When taking Codeine, you may reach a point when you need larger doses of the medicine to have the same effect you previously had with smaller doses.
Codeine Phosphate Uses: What Are Some Alternatives?
Every person experiences pain differently and pain is unique for every person. So, the same pain relief medicines may not work for everyone. For some people, non-opioid pain relievers work to treat their pain and have lower side effects and risks associated with their use.
You must always discuss your pain with your doctor before deciding on the right pain medicine. You must also check with your doctor before changing the dose or type of medicine you take.
If you suffer from long-term or chronic pain, then it might be good to make changes to your lifestyle to help manage the pain and discomfort. These changes include social activities, physical fitness, relaxation techniques, activity pacing, and managing overall health.
There are other pain relief medicines, including co-codamol, dihydrocodeine, tramadol, Carisoprodol, etc. for managing pain.
If you are taking codeine for cough, then there are several other cough relievers available at the pharmacies. You may choose a suitable alternative after discussing it with your doctor.
Buying Codeine Phosphate
You may choose to use Codeine phosphate after knowing the various Codeine phosphate uses. Choosing to buy this medicine online is the right decision as it will save you from the pain of visiting a pharmacy and standing in long queues. Super Meds even save you the pain of visiting a pharmacy to collect your medicine or waiting for months to receive the medicines. You can place an order online, get the medicine at home, and even order it in bulk. So, go painless and choose Super Meds.