What Is The Use Of Amoxicillin 500mg Capsules
What Is Amoxicillin?
Amoxicillin is an antibioticused for the treatment of bacterial infections, such as dental abscesses, and chest infections (for example pneumonia). Sometimes, other medicines are used together with Amoxicillin 500mg capsules to treat stomach ulcers.
Children are often prescribed to use Amoxicillin for the treatment of chest infections and ear infections. It comes in capsules or a liquid for oral use.
Important Facts About Amoxicillin
You should know these key facts before starting the treatment with Amoxicillin:
- Amoxicillin starts having positive effects in just a few days for most infections
- If you take Amoxicillin in liquid form, then it can stain your teeth. But the stain goes away in a short while by brushing
- Alcohol consumption isn’t forbidden with the use of Amoxicillin
Which People Can And Can’t Take Amoxicillin?
Most adults and children can take Amoxicillin.
The use of Amoxicillin may not be suitable for the following people:
- Who is having a kidney or liver problem
- Who has a history of allergic reactions to penicillin or amoxicillin or any other medicine
- Who is scheduled to have a vaccination or recently had one
How To Take Amoxicillin 500mg Capsules?
An important thing about the dosage of Amoxicillin is that even if you feel better at some time during treatment, then still complete the course prescribed by the doctor. If you stop the treatment before completion, then the bacterial infection may come back.
- Children may be prescribed a lower dose of Amoxicillin than adults
- The adult recommended dose is to take 250mg to 500mg capsules of Amoxicillin 3 times a day
How and when to take it
- Do not chew or break the capsules, but swallow them whole with plenty of water
- It is permitted to take Amoxicillin with food or on an empty stomach
- If you find it difficult to swallow the Amoxicillin 500mg capsules, then you can get it in liquid form
- Try taking the three doses with even spaces of time between them, such as taking the first dose in the morning, the second in mid-afternoon and the third one at bedtime
If you miss a dose
- If you forget to take a dose of Amoxicillin, then take it the moment you remember. But if it is time for the next dose, then leave out the missed dose and continue the dosing schedule with the next dose.
- Taking 2 doses at the same time is not advisable.
- You can set an alarm or use other ways to remind you if you are a forgetful person.
Taking an overdose of Amoxicillin 500mg is not considered dangerous both for adults and children. But if you feel concerned, then consult your doctor.
Where To Get Amoxicillin 500mg Capsules?
After knowing about the use, dose, and key facts about Amoxicillin, it is time to know about the best place to buy this medicine. Super Meds offersAmoxicillin 500mg capsules and a wide range of other medicines that you can order just by following some easy steps. After placing an online order, you just need to wait for a few days to get the medicine delivered to your home.