Prozac(Fluoxetine)20 mg Capsule
£28.80 – £129.60
Prozac 20 mg Capsule is a kind of antidepressant from the family of antidepressants termed SSRI or selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors. It treats different disorders such as panic disorder, bulimia nervosa, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), premenstrual dysphoric disorder, and major depressive disorder. This serotonin reuptake inhibitor has the empirical formula C17H18F3NO•HCl and has a molecular weight of 345.79. Fluoxetine hydrochloride comes in white to an off-white crystalline form, having a solubility of 14 mg/mL in water.
The Prozac 20 mg capsule comes in the form of an oval half-green and half-off-white hard capsule, with “PROZAC 20 mg” printed on the off-white half of the capsule. Each capsule has a quantity of fluoxetine hydrochloride that equals 20 mg of fluoxetine.
Prozac is suitable for most adults suffering from the following:
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Premenstrual dysphoric disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Major depressive disorder
- Panic disorder
Children aged 8 or older can use this medicine to relieve the symptoms of depression.
What does Prozac 20 mg Capsule do?
This medication helps improve:
- Energy level
This Helps to Decrease:
- Panic attacks
It greatly affects daily living and reduces the urge to perform repeated tasks such as counting, hand-washing, and checking. It is also helpful to reduce premenstrual symptoms, including:
- Increased appetite
- Purging and binging behaviours in bulimia patients
How Does it work?
Low levels of a chemical messenger in the brain, called serotonin result in symptoms associated with depression. Fluoxetine is a drug from the category of Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRI) that inhibit the reuptake of serotonin, thus improving the mood and reducing the symptoms of depression.
Prozac capsule is taken by mouth, never cut, chew, or bite the Prozac 20 mg Capsulebut swallow it whole with a glass of water. The doctor would prescribe taking medicine during or between meals.Usually, it is prescribed to be taken once every day, during the morning. If a double dose is prescribed, then take the first one in the morning and the second one at noon. Fix a particular time to take this medicine every day so that you remember to take it. Take it regularly to have the maximum benefit.
Alcohol Interactions of Prozac 20 mg Capsule
When Prozac is used with Alcohol, they have an increased sedative effect, making the patient feel more sleepy and tired. Alcohol reduces the effects of this drug as it worsens the symptoms of depression.
Food and Herb Interactions
- Tyramine-rich food items: Fluoxetine interacts with Tyramine-rich foods and results in a dangerous increase in blood pressure that happens suddenly. These foods include chicken liver, milk, meat extract, beef cheese, avocados, canned figs, bananas, excess chocolate, and soybeans.
- Cannabis sativa: The interaction of Fluoxetine and cannabis results in nausea, drowsiness, anxiety, vomiting, confusion, increased heartbeat, and panic.
Interactions with Caffeine
Interactions of fluoxetine and coffee or cola drinks result in an increased risk of serotonin syndrome. This produces symptoms such as agitation, high fever, trembling, sweating, confusion, abdominal muscle movements, and diarrhea.
The use of these drugs alongside fluoxetine results in an interaction:
- Linezolid (Zyvox)
- Intravenous (IV) methylene blue (ProvayBlue)
- Pimozide (Orap)
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs), for example, tranylcypromine (Parnate) and phenelzine (Nardil)
- Drugs with effects on the central nervous system or CNS-acting drugs
- Drugs that affect levels of serotonin or Serotonergic drugs
- Drugs that interfere with hemostasis, for example, warfarin (Jantoven), nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), and aspirin
- “Drugs tightly bound to plasma proteins”
- The drugs which an enzyme or a specialized protein metabolizes, such as CYP2D6 or CYP2C19
- Tricyclic antidepressants (TCAs), including doxepin (Silenor, Zonalon, Prudoxin) and amitriptyline (Elavil)
- Benzodiazepines (“benzos”), for example alprazolam (Xanax) and diazepam (Valium)
- Antipsychotics (neuroleptics) such as aripiprazole (Abilify)
- Anticonvulsants (also called anti-epileptic and anti-seizure medications), including gabapentin (Neuraptine)
- “Drugs that prolong the QT interval”
There may be other interactions not listed here. Either you should completely avoid using these drugs with fluoxetine or manage the dosage accordingly.
Always follow the instructions of your doctor or pharmacist when taking Prozac. Never consume alcohol while taking this medicine. Do not take an overdose as it can prove dangerous. In case of an unintentional overdosage, visit the nearest healthcare super meds pharmacy provider immediately.
30, 60, 90, 120, 180
There are no reviews yet.