Nitrazepam 10mg: A Guide For Insomniac Patients
Nitrazepam is a hypnotic that belongs to the Benzodiazepine group of drugs. It is commonly prescribed for the short-term treatment and management of insomnia. Nitrazepam 10mg is one of the most commonly recommended strengths by doctors. Insomnia is a sleeping disorder that is characterized by:
- Poor sleep quality
- Difficulty falling asleep
- Frequently awakenings during the sleep
- Waking up early and not completing undisturbed 7-8 hours of sleep
These symptoms are troublesome when they occur frequently, and can adversely affect an individual’s day-to-day life, mental and physical health, and overall well-being. Therefore, timely diagnosis and treatment are important. If you experience any of the above-listed symptoms, you are advised to visit a physician. The physician might prescribe you Nitrazepam, an oral benzodiazepine. Nitrazepam is very effective in treating insomnia and is your ultimate solution to get rid of sleepless nights.
How Does It Work?
Since nitrazepam is a Benzodiazepine compound and benzodiazepines are hypnotics that work by increasing the effects of a neurotransmitter called GABA in the Central Nervous System and thereby inducing relaxation and sleep. Nitrazepam is one of the most prescribed hypnotics in the UK and is a great choice for insomniac people. Since Nitrazepam is a CNS depressant there are certain considerationsfor its safe and effective use:
- It is recommended to administer this medicine at night before going to bed. This is to prevent daytime sedation.
- Nitrazepam has the potential to cause addiction and therefore it is recommended to be used for a duration of not longer than 4 weeks.
- At the end of the therapy, it is advisable to taper off the dose gradually to prevent rebound insomnia and withdrawal symptoms.
- This medicine should not be given to anyone else without a prescription or proper diagnosis from the physician.
- Nitrazepam may cause some undesirable effects which are normal and often bearable such as amnesia, confusion, light-headedness, and dizziness. In case these effects are problematic, consult your pharmacist or physician before discontinuing the medicine.
Administration And Dosage
Nitrazepam 10 mg is available in the form of oral tablets. It is rapidly absorbed after oral administration and distributes well to the central nervous system. The drug shows its effects within 2 to 3 hours of administration. It stays effective for up to 8 hours. The maximum recommended dose for adults is 10 mg daily to be taken via mouth with water. Any other liquid is not preferred. Nitrazepam 10 mg is not recommended to be used in the elderly and children under 18 years of age.
* Note: Abrupt discontinuation of nitrazepam causes withdrawal symptoms therefore the drug must always be tapered-off at the end of therapy i.e the concentration is gradually reduced before complete discontinuation.
Is It Safe To Use Nitrazepam In Every Group?
Nitrazepam 10mg is contraindicated in certain groups of people. These include:
- People experience sleep apnea; a condition where the patient has difficulty breathing during sleep.
- People who have had any history of psychotic issues or are currently facing any such issue are recommended to discuss this with their physicians before taking this medicine.
- People suffering from liver or kidney diseases are advised to consult their doctors about using Nitrazepam.
- People who are pregnant, lactating or planning to conceive should inform their physician or pharmacist before using this drug. The drug can depress the CNS of the fetus and is therefore contraindicated in this group.
- This drug is not for use in children under the age of 18 and in elderly people. Consult the pharmacist for dose adjustment.
If you live anywhere in the UK and want to buy sleeping pills online then Super Meds can be your ultimate stop. To buy your required medication, visit its website to place your order right now.
If you are using or want to use this medication then do follow the important instructions given by your doctor. For instance,
- Take your daily dose of Nitrazepam 10mg and complete the duration of therapy as prescribed by your doctor.
- In case a dose is missed, do not take a double dose of Nitrazepam.
- Discontinue your drug gradually in a pattern defined by your pharmacist.
- If you experience any undesirable effect or worsening of your condition, immediately contact your doctor or pharmacist before abruptly discontinuing the medicine.
Remember to follow these instructions to optimize the effects of the drug and minimize the incidence of therapy failure.