Lorazepam Side Effects: Know All About Them
Know Everything About Lorazepam Side Effects
Lorazepam is a benzodiazepine that is prescribed as a treatment for anxiety and anxiety-induced sleeping problems. Sometimes, doctors also prescribe Lorazepam relax the body and mind before a person goes through an operation, a dental, or some other medical treatment. This use of Lorazepam makes it a pre-med. You must know about Lorazepam side effects and important information about this medicine before you start taking it. This ensures that you use it safely and avoid the maximum negative effects.
Lorazepam increases the levels of gamma amino butyric acid (GABA) in the brain, which is a calming chemical that relaxes the mind and body. Lorazepam is also sometimes given as an injection in the hospital when a person has a fit or seizure.
Important Facts About Lorazepam
When you want to know Lorazepam side effects, it is important to know these facts first:
- Lorazepam is available both in tablet and liquid form. It takes between 20 and 30 minutes to start working and the patients may feel drowsy for between 6 and 8 hours of taking Lorazepam.
- Daytime sleepiness and drowsiness are two of the most common side effects of this medicine.
- Doctors don’t recommend using Lorazepam for a duration longer than 4 weeks.
- It is unlawful and unethical to drive a car, ride a bike, or use machinery and tools if Lorazepam makes you feel sleepy.
- Combining alcohol with Lorazepam and other benzodiazepines is dangerous. It can increase the side effects and make the person go into a very deep sleep, where waking up becomes a problem.
Lorazepam Side Effects
Almost every medicine has some side effects that some people may experience, while others may feel no side effects.
Common Side Effects
The common side effects of Lorazepam are experienced by more than 1 in every 100 people using it. These include:
- Muscle weakness
- Feeling or tiredness and sleepiness during the day
- Problem to control movement and coordination
Coping with these side effects is possible. You should consult your doctor if any of these Lorazepam side effects become worse or don’t go away for long.
Serious Side Effects
These side effects of using Lorazepam are rare and are experienced by less than 1 in every 1,000 people. Go to an emergency medical help if you ever experience any of these effects:
- Hallucinations: seeing or hearing imaginary voices and figures
- Delusions: thinking untrue things
- You lose balance or topple
- Having yellow skin and white parts of the eyes turning yellow. This effect is less obvious on black or brown skin.
- You feel overexcited, irritable, restless, aggressive, agitated, or experience other unusual changes in mood. Children and people older than 65 years are more likely to experience these effects.
- Amnesia or memory loss is also a possible side effect.
Get emergency help if you experience these Lorazepam side effects:
- Breathing becomes shallow or slow
- You find difficulty in breathing
Serious Allergic Reaction Of Lorazepam
In some rare cases, people get an allergic reaction when using Lorazepam. The symptoms of anaphylaxis include:
- Finding difficulty in talking or breathing
- Getting a skin rash with signs of itchy, swollen, red, peeling, or blistered skin
- Swelling of throat, lips, mouth, face, or tongue
- Feeling tightness in the throat or chest
For any of these symptoms of a serious allergic reaction, you must visit your doctor and get emergency medical treatment.
When you know about Lorazepam side effects, you must also know where you should get this medicine. Buying online from a reliable pharmacy is the latest trend these days. Choose Super Meds and get Lorazepam and other anxiety medicines, antidepressants, and sleeping tablets conveniently and get them delivered to your home.