Important Information About Xanax Side Effects
Here Is What You Must Know About Xanax Side Effects
Xanax is a medicineprescribed for the treatment of panic disorders and anxiety. It is a benzodiazepine that produces a calming effect by acting on the brain and nerves, in other words, on the central nervous system. It enhances the chemical activity of GABA in the brain which helps the body to relax. Like all other medicines, there are Xanax side effects associated with its use and we will discuss them today.
List Of Xanax Side Effects
Common Side Effects
The negative effects experienced commonly when using Xanax and which usually go away on their own include:
- Memory problems or amnesia
- More sweating than usual
- Finding it difficult to concentrate
- Feeling irritable
- Loss of balance and poor coordination
- Slurred speech
- Insomnia or sleep problems
- Stomach upset
- Dry mouth
- Weak muscles
- Feet and hands swelling
- Weight changes or noticeable changes in appetite
- Vision problems
- Not having an interest in sex
- Stuffy nose
Serious Side Effects
The serious side effects associated with the use of Xanax include:
- Racing thoughts
- Depressed moods
- Overly active and increased energy
- Thoughts of hurting or killing yourself
- Abnormal risk-taking behavior
- Muscle movements going out of control
- Fast and pounding heartbeat or fluttering feeling in the chest
- Seizures or convulsions
You must visit your doctor and get immediate medical help if you experience any of the above-mentioned side effects.
Very Serious Side Effects
It is rare, but it happens that a person experiences very severe Xanax side effects. In case of any of the following, immediately inform your doctor or seek medical help:
- Severe heart symptoms, including pounding, fast, or irregular heartbeat; feeling suddenly dizzy, lightheaded, or passing out; having breathing issues and shortness of breath, and fluttering in the chest.
- Serious headache, weakness of leg or arm, slurred speech, confusion, feeling unsteady, trouble coordinating and walking, high fever, tremors, very stiff muscles, and profuse sweating.
- Severe eye symptoms include pain or swelling in the eye, sudden vision loss, seeing halos around the lights, and blurred or tunnel vision.
Using Xanax Properly
After you know about the Xanax side effects, it is important to know the correct usage of this medicine. You must use it carefully to avoid most of the side effects and get the maximum benefits from it.
- Follow the doctor’s instructions carefully about using Xanax. Never take a dose greater than prescribed and never increase the frequency of taking it. Using this medicine in higher quantities and using it for too long can cause physical or mental dependence. It may also result in overdose symptoms.
- Read the instruction given in the Medication Guide that comes with Xanax. It will tell you about the medicine interactions, side effects, and other important things about this medicine.
- If you are using the extended-release tablet or the other tablet, then swallow it whole with a glass of water without breaking, chewing, or crushing it.
- The disintegrating tablet should melt quickly and you should be able to swallow it with saliva. Before taking out this tablet, have dry hands and just take it out when you are about to take it. When you take out the tablet from its bottle, put it immediately on the top of your tongue.
- Use a marked measuring spoon, medicine cup, or oral syringe to measure the dose of oral liquid.
- When using Xanax, you should avoid eating grapefruit or drinking grapefruit juice.
The Next Step
Now you know about the Xanax side effects and the right way to use it, you may move towards the next step of getting it. Getting it from an online pharmacy in the UK is the best place, so get it from Super Meds. They sell not just Xanax, but other anxiety medicines, antidepressants, sleep medicines, and many other categories of medicines too.