How can one escape addiction to Zopiclone, a sleeping pill?
What is Zopiclone?
Zopiclone is a sleeping pill prescribed for short-term treatment of severe sleeping problems, called insomnia. Zopiclone treats the sleeping problem by making the person fall asleep more quickly, and also helps stop frequently waking up during the night and waking up early in the morning, and being unable to sleep after that. By increasing the activity of calming chemicals called gamma-aminobutyric acid, or GABA in the brain, it helps calm the body and induce sleep. Super Meds UK Zopiclone comes in the form of tablets, but it is also sometimes available in liquid form, for people who find it difficult to swallow it.
What is Zopiclone used for?
Zopiclone is usually prescribed for short-term treatment of insomnia and other sleeping problems in adults, with treatment lasting between 7 and 14 days. The problems for which Zopiclone is used include:
- Waking up early in the morning
- Not being able to sleep easily
- Upsetting and severe sleep problems associated with changes in mood or mental health
- Disturbed sleep and waking up during the middle of the night time and time again
It is not recommended to use Zopiclone for a duration longer than 4 weeks for treating chronic insomnia since it causes dependence and tolerance. These result in withdrawal symptoms and rebound insomnia if the patient stops using Zopiclone suddenly. Long-term use of Super Meds UK Zopiclone is not considered recommended and unapproved usage.
Here are the key facts about Zopiclone and its usage:
- Zopiclone takes almost an hour to become effective
- The common side effects of this medicine are daytime sleepiness, a metallic taste in the mouth, and a dry mouth
- The body gets used to this medicine quickly and it becomes ineffective. Therefore, the usual treatment is from 2 to 4 weeks. The body also becomes dependent on it in case of prolonged usage, so the treatment is kept as short as possible.
- If you feel drowsy and sleepy the next day after taking Super Meds UK Zopiclone, then do not use machinery, drive a car, or ride a bike until you are completely aware of the effects of Zopiclone on your body and know how to cope with them.
- While using Zopiclone, don’t drink alcohol as the combination of these two can result in a situation when you go into a deep sleep and have difficulty waking up afterward.
How does Zopiclone work?
To calm and relax the body, our brain releases chemicals, one of which is called gamma-aminobutyric acid, or GABA. Zopiclone boosts the effectiveness of GABA and this results in calming the brain and improving sleep.
Who can and can’t take Zopiclone?
Like all other medicines, Super Meds UK Zopiclone may not be good for some people. Let’s know about these cases and exceptions.
For whom is Zopiclone suitable?
Zopiclone is suitable for adults over the age of 18 years to take as a short-term treatment for insomnia.
Who should avoid taking Zopiclone?
Super Meds UK Zopiclone can be dangerous for people having any of these conditions:
- Ever suffered from a mental health problem or currently suffering from one
- Having kidney or liver problems
- Being a victim of alcohol or drug abuse
- Have a history of showing allergic reactions to Zopiclone, or an ingredient in this medicine or any other medicine
- Suffering from a condition called myasthenia gravis, which causes weakness of muscle
- Are pregnant, breastfeeding, or trying to get pregnant
- Suffer from sleep apnoea, a condition in which you stop breathing for a short time while being asleep, or any other breathing problems
Can I take Zopiclone while pregnant or breastfeeding?
You should inform your doctor prior to using Super Meds UK Zopiclone if you are:
- Trying to get pregnant
The use of Zopiclone is not recommended during pregnancy, discuss the benefits of taking this medicine during pregnancy and the risks associated with your doctor. If taken during pregnancy, Super Meds UK Zopiclone may cause withdrawal symptoms such as shaking or being agitated and drowsiness in newborn babies. If a pregnant woman takes Zopiclone during the last trimester and towards the end of pregnancy, then makes the baby more prone to having these symptoms. This will increase the chances that the baby will have to stay in the hospital for extra monitoring and critical care after being born.
If you are breastfeeding and finding it difficult to fall asleep, then consult your doctor or pharmacist and try other ways of improving sleep rather than using Zopiclone. But if the baby is declared healthy by the doctor, then you can take Zopiclone occasionally and only for a short time during pregnancy.
There are proofs that Super Meds UK Zopiclone passes into breast milk, but in very small quantities and no side effects have been reported to be associated with this. There is little evidence that Zopiclone makes the baby sleepy too, but don’t let your baby sleep with you on the same bed while you are taking Zopiclone. If you feel that your baby is sleepy more than normal or is not feeding normally or there is another issue with the baby, then consult your doctor, pharmacist, or midwife immediately.
No effects of taking Super Meds UK Zopiclone on the fertility of both men and women are proven to be true. But if you are trying to get pregnant, then discuss the usage of Zopiclone and the risks associated with its usage with your doctor.
Dosage: How do I take Zopiclone?
Strength and Dosage
Always follow the dosage instructions given by your doctor and never exceed the dosage or take it more frequently than prescribed.
There are two strengths of Zopiclone tablets available: 7.5mg and 3.75mg
Usually, a dose of 7.5mg is prescribed, which is to be taken just before retiring. It may take an hour to start working effectively.
If you have kidney or liver problems, or you are older than 65 years, then an initial dose of 3.75mg may be recommended. In these cases, if you take a lower dose, then you will have lesser side effects and are at a lesser risk of excessive sleepiness.
How to take Zopiclone
It is important to follow the doctor’s instructions while you take Super Meds UK Zopiclone. Usually, the Zopiclone tablet is to be taken for only 2 or 3 nights each week, instead of being taken every night.
Put the tablet on your tongue and swallow it whole with a liquid such as water, without chewing, biting, or breaking the tablet. It is safe to take Zopiclone with food or on an empty stomach.
How long should the treatment be?
Zopiclone is usually prescribed for just 2 to 4 weeks. The treatment with Super Meds UK Zopiclone should not be longer than this as the body gets used to it quickly and it becomes ineffective after this time. The body can also become dependent on the medicine and it becomes difficult to stop using it.
Never stop taking this medicine all of a sudden and without informing your doctor as it increases the risks to develop withdrawal symptoms. Slowly decreasing the dose before stopping to use it totally is a way to avoid withdrawal symptoms.
After finishing the treatment with Zopiclone, if you still have sleeping problems, then see your doctor again or try lifestyle changes to improve the quality and quantity of sleep.
What if you miss a dose?
If you didn’t remember to take a dose of Zopiclone by bedtime, skip the missed dose, and when it is time for the next dose, take it at the prescribed time. Never take a double dose as it can lead to deep sleep and other dangerous effects.
What happens in case of an overdose?
These symptoms can result from an overdose of Zopiclone:
- Floppy muscles
- Feeling drowsy, confused, sleeping deeply, or coma
- Difficulty breathing or shallow breathing
- Losing balance or falling over
- Fainting, feeling lightheaded, or dizzy due to a drop in blood pressure
Seek medical help in case of taking a dose of Zopiclone greater than prescribed by the doctor and experiencing any of the above-mentioned effects.
Can I drink Alcohol with Zopiclone?
Drinking alcohol while taking Zopiclone is not recommended as using the two together can increase sleepiness and make you go into a deep sleep in which it is difficult to wake up. Drinking alcohol with Zopiclone can prove dangerous for you and the people around you if you use machines at work, ride a bike or drive a car afterward.
What are the side effects of Zopiclone?
There are side effects associated with the use of Super Meds UK Zopiclone as associated with other medicines. But do note that not all people experience them and the intensity may be different for different people.
Common side effects
More than 1 in 100 people using Zopiclone experience these side effects:
- Feeling drowsy, tired, or sleepy the next day
- A bad taste in the mouth, such as metallic or bitter
- Having a dry mouth
Discuss your condition with your doctor and take advice on how to cope with these side effects or if they become troublesome for you.
Serious side effects
Here are the serious, but rare side effects of Zopiclone:
- Delusions, or thinking of untrue things
- Hallucinations, or seeing or hearing things and voices that are not there
- Have depression, or feel sad or low
- Have amnesia or a poor memory
- Loss of balance and falling over, particularly for age groups 65 and older
Serious allergic reaction
In rare cases, a serious allergic reaction may develop as a result of using Zopiclone. Here are the symptoms:
- Trouble talking, swallowing, or breathing
- Skin rash with itchy, peeling, blistered, swollen, and red skin
- Tightness in the throat or chest
- Swelling of the throat, face, mouth, tongue, or lips
Seek immediate medical help in case you experience any of the above-mentioned symptoms.
Note that not all side effects of Zopiclone are listed here. Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you develop any other effects or to know in detail about the side effects.
Can I Take Zopiclone with Other Medicines?
There are risks of interactions and increased side effects associated with the use of Zopiclone with some medicines. Some medicines may make you feel drowsier and increase the sedating effects of Super Meds UK Zopiclone. If you are taking any of these medicines, then speak to your doctor before the start of your treatment with Zopiclone:
- Medicines for sleep problems or to reduce anxiety
- Medicines to treat bipolar disorder or schizophrenia
- Medicines to treat epilepsy
- Medicines for allergies, such as rashes or hay fever, which can make you sleepy. These include antihistamines, such as promethazine and chlorphenamine
- Medicines for the treatment of HIV infections, for example, ritonavir
- Medicines for fungus infections, such as itraconazole and ketoconazole
- Antibiotics, erythromycin, and clarithromycin
- Strong painkillers including tramadol, morphine, methadone, oxycodone, pethidine, or codeine
Zopiclone and herbal supplements and remedies
If you take herbal remedies or any supplements that make you feel sleepy while taking Super Meds UK Zopiclone, then it can increase the sedating effects of Zopiclone, leading to dangerous conditions associated with drowsiness.
How Can One Escape Addiction to Zopiclone, a Sleeping Pill?
Why is there an addition to Zopiclone?
Zopiclone increases the activity of GABA chemicals in the brain. GABA is the natural sedative produced by the body and Zopiclone induces sleepiness by increasing its functionality in the brain. Zopiclone reduces anxiety and insomnia, while at the same time, it quiets the brain’s activity level. This causes changes to many essential systems of the body and long and heavy doses of Zopiclone result in many health problems. These also cause the following withdrawal symptoms when trying to stop using it:
- Heart arrhythmia
- Changes in heart rate
- Changes in blood pressure
- Mood swings
- Panic attacks
- Extreme confusion
Zopiclone users also become dependent on the medicine quickly. This also makes it difficult to stop using the medicine.
How to safely quit?
Tapering down the dose of Super Meds UK Zopiclone is a way to avoid withdrawal symptoms. It means that you reduce the dose gradually, before finally stopping to use it rather than quitting it suddenly. Avoid using alcohol during the withdrawal process, as it can make the symptoms worse.
Where to get Zopiclone in the UK?
Now you know most of the things and essential information about Zopiclone, it is time that you look for a place to buy it. Super Meds UK Zopiclone is a good solution, as Super Meds is an online pharmacy that offers Zopiclone and a wide range of medicines that you can buy through a completely online process. Just place your order through the website and the pharmacy will deliver your medicine to your doorstep while you sit comfortably at your home.