Everything About Co-Codamol 30mg/500mg Dosage
Co-Codamol 30mg/500mg Dosage: What You Must Know Before Using
Sometimes when single painkillers fail to treat pain, a mixture of 2 painkillers does the magic of relieving pain. Co-codamol is a mixture of two painkillers, codeine, and paracetamol, and may prove more effective for certain painful conditions. It treats pains and aches, such as muscle pain, toothache, migraines, and headaches. You must know about co-codamol 30mg/500mg dosage before you start using this medicine.
Important Facts About Co-Codamol
- There are three available strengths of co-codamol tablets and capsules. You may start with the lowest strength and then gradually move to higher strengths, seeing the effects and side effects of the medicine.
- Feeling sick, sleepiness and constipation are the most common side effects of this medicine
- It is harmful to overdose on co-codamol and takes too much of it. You should not increase the dose yourself or take a double dose even if your pain feels too bad.
- You can possibly become addicted to the codeine component of co-codamol. Your doctor will advise you about ways to reduce these risks of addiction.
- If your pain requires you to use co-codamol for more than a few weeks, then stopping the medicine is also a thing to consider. For this, your doctor should provide you with a plan to tell you when and how to stop taking it.
Details About Taking Co-Codamol
1 – How To Take It
Always follow the doctor’s instructions when taking co-codamol. You must not exceed the prescribed dose since this medicine can be addictive and cause dangerous side effects, if not used properly.
- When taking co-codamol in tablet and capsule form, swallow them whole with plenty of water, juice, or a non-alcoholic drink.
- When taking a soluble co-codamol tablet, dissolve it in the mentioned amount of water and drink it.
- It is both safe to take co-codamol with food or on an empty stomach.
2 – What Are The Strengths Of This Medicine?
As mentioned above, co-codamol comes in three strengths. Note that all these strengths have the same amount of paracetamol, i.e. 500mg. But the amount of codeine is different for each strength, 8mg, 15mg, and 30mg. The amount of paracetamol is the same as what is in a standard paracetamol tablet.
3 – Co-Codamol 30mg/500mg Dosage
People older than 16 years can take 1 or 2 tablets of co-codamol or any strength a maximum of 4 times in 25 hours. There must be a gap of at least 4-6 hours between each consecutive dose. The maximum safe dose of co-codamol in 24 hours is 8 tablets.
The gap between doses of co-codamol is very important. It can be dangerous if you take too much co-codamol. This is because it can have side effects and cause damage to the liver. Even if your pain is very bad, you should not take a double dose of co-codamol.
4 – Taking Too Much Co-Codamol
Taking more than 8 tablets of co-codamol in 24 hours is considered an overdose for adults and people aged over 16 years. If you take 1-2 extra tablets of co-codamol on a single occasion, then it is not likely to cause any harm. But if this happens, you should leave a gap of 24 hours before taking another dose.
Taking too much co-codamol can cause breathing problems. You must visit a hospital in case of serious side effects after an overdose.
Buying Co-Codamol In The UK
Now you know most things about co-codamol 30mg/500mg dosage, you can plan to buy it for yourself. You can buy it online from Super Meds, get the medicine at home and place an order in bulk. Buying pain medicines has never been so easy and more convenient than this!