Diazepam 10mg Dose: What You Must Know
Things To Know About Diazepam 10mg Dose
Diazepam is a benzodiazepine that treats anxiety, seizures or fits, and muscle spasms. The other uses of Diazepam include using it for the reduction of withdrawal symptoms from alcohol, such as difficulty sleeping and sweating. It also works as a pre-med to relax a patient before a medical or dental treatment or an operation. When trying to understand Diazepam 10mg dose, you must know that it works by increasing the activity of calming chemicals naturally produced by the body, called gamma amino butyric acid or GABA.
There are many forms of Diazepam, including a tablet and liquid form to swallow through the mouth, an injection, and a rectal tube, through which medicine is squeezed into the bottom or anus.
Important Facts About Diazepam
- Diazepam is not intended for treatment longer than 4 weeks.
- If you feel sleepy and dizzy after taking Diazepam, then avoid driving, riding, or using heavy tools and machinery.
- Using alcohol while taking Diazepam can induce deep sleep and breathing problems.
- People who use high doses of Diazepam and for a duration longer than 4 weeks are likely to get addicted to it.
Diazepam 10mg Dose: Taking The Medicine
Doctors decide which dosage is right for you and how much medicine you should take in order to stay in the safe zone.
For liquid and tablets
The usual dosage when taking Diazepam tablets or liquid is:
- For anxiety-induced sleep problems: 5mg to 15mg to be taken once a day before going to bed
- For anxiety: 2mg to be taken thrice a day, can be increased to between 5mg and 10mg
- For muscle spasms in adults: Diazepam 10mg dose is between 2mg and 15mg daily to be taken once a day. This can be increased to 5mg to be taken thrice daily. If the patient needs it and the doctor declares it safe, the dose can be increased up to 20mg thrice a day.
- For muscle spasms in children aged between 1 month and 17 years: The dose depends on age. The usual dose is taken 2 times a day with a gap of 10 to 12 hours between consecutive doses.
For people suffering from kidney or liver problems, and older than 65 years, a lower dose is recommended. It is also true for people with severe breathing problems.
For rectal tubes
The doctor will consider your weight, age, and health conditions and then decide the dose of diazepam that is suitable for you.
How To Take It?
Liquid and tablets
Take Diazepam tablets and liquid with a glass of water, it is safe to take it both with a meal or on an empty stomach.
If you get Diazepam in liquid form, then you will have a spoon or a plastic syringe to measure it. If there is no spoon or syringe present with it, then get it from your pharmacist. You would make incorrect measurements if you use a kitchen teaspoon for it.
For treating seizures and fits in children and adults, doctors recommend using Diazepam rectal tubes or rectal Diazepam. If a doctor prescribes you rectal tubes, then make sure that one of your family members, friends, or another person knows exactly how to give you this medicine.
There are different types and strengths of Diazepam the doctor may prescribe a different Diazepam 10mg dose for different conditions. If a person is having a seizure, then they must know after how long they should be given rectal Diazepam.
How Long Should The Treatment Be?
The duration for which you should take Diazepam depends on the problem you are taking it for. The normal duration for the treatment with Diazepam is up to 4 weeks. If prescribing Diazepam for longer than 4 weeks, the doctor may reduce the dose gradually so you don’t suffer from any withdrawal symptoms.
Planning To Buy Diazepam?
When you know all about Diazepam 10mg dose, it is time that you order the medicine for yourself. Buy it from a reliable online pharmacy like Super Meds and get it delivered to your home. You can also order other anxiety medicines, antidepressants, mental health, and sexual health medicines conveniently and safely from Super Meds.